Home Bastanis DIY Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

RE: Any experiences with different caps in the Prometheus

Tony thanks for that comparison with the duelunds. Wow I can't imagine the high's being anymore airier and the soundstage bigger than with the Jupiters.

I guess if I find anything lacking it is maybe what Steve Marsh wrote when he reviewed the Prometheus at 6moons and said that in general open baffel speakers have "less weight or density to the image".

So I was hoping to somehow improve in that department. I am allready running probably one of the most thick sounding amps in a first gen Cary 300bse monos and the 6sn7 Dehavilland pre I have is also along the same lines. Add to it a Cal tube Dac and I think I can rule out these components creating the issue I speak of. Having said that most CD's in general sound thin to me and when I once had an optimum vinyl set up there was less of this issue so Cd's don't help things.

So I thought maybe one of the oil caps might help but really isn't the cap just a high pass for the tweeter and hence does not have an effect on the fullranger?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.