Home Bastanis DIY Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

A couple Promethius questions

Hello,

I've just ordered a pair of Blacks from Bill and discovered this forum. I'll post here rather than bother him with (more) direct email.

1) Where are people generally setting the bass xovers? Of course, this is totally room-dependent and I'm not looking for direction - just curious! I'm wondering where the -3dB point of the widebander is, more or less.

2) About that widebander - I wonder why 12"? That's awfully large to go up to 10K, no? Now, I'm NO speaker designer and this is NOT a criticism - I'm just noting that smaller drivers (4-8") are much more common to operate in this range. To ask an academic question - is the driver designed to go into cone breakup to produce the highs? Is it possible for a driver of this size to produce much above 1Kz through pistonic motion? I'm just curious - to me, it is academic. I realize the treatments Mr. Bastani applies may have a great affect on the driver's ability to produce hi freqs.

Cheers!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - A couple Promethius questions - Paul Folbrecht 12:41:50 12/15/07 (7)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.