Home Bastanis DIY Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

RE: Manny's rig (update)

Hi Jogi,
if you can`t mend the sound of the widebands after talking to Robert, you can try to varnish the widebands with C37. I don`t had the feeling that my widebands shouted, but whan i heard a womans voice i desired a liitle more "melt" we say in germany :-)
So i tryed the C37 finish and i was surprised about the result. The complete statement seemed to be more harmonious.The clearnes and intelligibility of voice and text meliorated.But be care, don`t use to much of the finish because if you do so, it`s possible that you loose dynamic. So try it two times with thinner, and one time pure. Than wait wait wait and wait for minimum 6 to 8 weeks. I be shure that you will be enthused. Than i heard about the new tweeter from Robert. I tryed them. What shell i say ? It`s the best sound, together with the varnished widebands, that i heard since long time. About the Bass : I use dipole Bass with the Behringer aktive frequency controller. Two Thommessen in bypass (one each box). It`s not so, that the dipoles reaching the "BUM" of the original once, but speed and control of the Bass in my room it`s phenomenal.
One question : You are Jogi from http://www.jogis-roehrenbude.de/ ??
So long, inform us about your progress !!

Best regards
Domenico

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.