Home Bastanis DIY Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Re: Prometheus II Questions

Hi Steve,

the in-room sensitivity depends a little to the room- size, placement of the o.b.`s and if the room has lots of damping or reflecting surfaces. The bandwidht of efficiency is between 98Db/8 Ohms in-room in the worst case and 102Db/8 Ohms in-room.

The max. dynamics depends on the signal, with music the max. dynamics is limited by the two 12"- woofers, so the midrange sounds relaxed and uncompressed at highest possible levels. In common sized rooms the max. level is limited by the ear and not by the baffles! When you have a very big room and listen at live rock-concert levels you can add two more woofers or choose Atlas, the 15"- woofers of Atlas offer an always satisfying dynamic- range, even in big rooms.

Inside the U.S. you get cabinets and assembeled speakers from www.Audiospecialitiesofnm or from www.baulsaudio.com . Inside Europe Cabinets are available from my woodworker, you also can contact me for assembling. In case that you fear the woodwork you also may ask your local woodshop for cabinets, this saves the money for shipping the cabinets which can be expensive to foreign countries.

Regards
Robert Bastani

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Prometheus II Questions - Robert Bastani 08:20:05 01/06/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.