Home Bastanis DIY Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Re: Bastanis

Hi,

if Prometheus will sound fine in your room depends, rooms of similar size can behave very different. Prometheus is one of the few "big" speakers with tuneable woofers, so the bass- response will probably be fine. Regarding the 20" max.- dsitance to the backwall:
When the backside of the speakers you are used to listen to is in this distance to the backwall you will get a bigger distance from the Prometheus- baffles to the backwall when placed at the same point. Due to the room- differencies it is hard to give a general recommendation for minimum room- size. To my experiences a baffle- placement with min. between 25" and 30" distance to the backwall can work. In most rooms the optimum distance is between this and 60" distance to the backwall but there are some customers with good results having closer baffle- placement. The Prometheus- baffles also should possibly be placed with a minimum distance of 16" to the sidewalls. To get an idea if Prometheus will sound satisfying in your setup it is helpful to know the components of your stereo, your speakers and the disciplines you expect a better sound with Prometheus.

Regards
Robert Bastani

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Bastanis - Robert Bastani 23:11:41 10/29/06 (5)
    • Bastanis - carceivasile@yahoo.com 03:18:57 10/30/06 (4)
      • Re: Bastanis - Robert Bastani 09:32:40 10/30/06 (2)
        • Bastanis - carceivasile@yahoo.com 23:14:15 10/30/06 (1)
      • Bastanis - carceivasile@yahoo.com 03:22:18 10/30/06 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.