Home Bastanis DIY Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Re: Backside of the Apollo top baffle

Hi Saffier,

the backside of the Apollo- baffle is made from a perforated metal- plate (mesh) which is curved and welded in the right form to fit into the backside- routed baffle of Apollo. The perforated metal- plate is coated with a speaker- cloth, this guarantees the open baffle- characteristics although the backside is covered. It is complex and expensive to make, so i don`t recommend it for diy. The Bastanis Germany product- line is made from the best available materials and also it is created to achieve the most elegant look without any compromise. The Bastanis diy- line offers most of the advanced technical features of the Bastanis Germany- line but the look simply follows the function and is made to the typical limited woodworking- ressources of home- diy and assembling. There are many customers who customized the Diy speaker- look to their individual taste, i give every possible support regarding the technical part but i don`t sell parts from the Bastanis Germany- line for diy - even when i would do this on a diy- calculation it is shocking how expensive the Apollo- cabinets are. A relatively simple diy- method to cover the backside of the baffles is making a square- frame from perforated metal, cover it with speaker- cloth and set a speaker cloth- covered frame into it. You also can make a frame from wood and glue it on the backside of the baffle, then i recommend to cover the inside of the frame with aircell- foil (this is found by a German customer who posted it in the German forum - it works!).

Regards
Robert Bastani

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.