Home Bastanis DIY Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Wide band shout

Hi,
Have been using my bastanis speakers ( DIY 12"wide bands and std tweeter, 15" selenium neo bass) for over a year now and have had a lot of amps changes in that time inc art carissa, I now have an 8 w single ended 300b and its superb. But from the off and no matter what amp I have I still have a very forward mid it really does stand out and unless low listening levels it's rather shouty. I have the bass and mid crossed over at 250 Hz so the bass is doing everything below that and the mid and tweeter everything above, I'm using the bastanis cap and std resistor as fitted to the wide bands can anyone assist me with this issue please, I'm starting to get annoyed with it and thinking of selling these and going back to a box speaker and that is something I would rather not o as I love so much f what the open baffle does. If I could reign in the mid a bit and make it smoother I would have the perfect sound.
Thanks
Ron

Edits: 07/21/13 07/21/13

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Wide band shout - falcoron 04:17:52 07/21/13 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.