Home Bastanis DIY Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

RE: Bastanis Prometheus II with Gemini tweeters

Hi,
i second your experiences on the influence of capacitors in the soundquality! There are very few caps for speaker- applications which show an enormous amount of details and open sound in combination with warm and natural, undistorted midrange, too bad that these caps usually are found in an exclusive price- region. This was the reason for the design of the homebrewn Bastanis caps, these compete in quality with the very best caps - there are customers rating the caps highest. The Bastanis caps include in each pair of Gemini tweeters and they will also be included in each pair of the upcoming new Standard tweeters for the Mandala line of speakers. The caps have a retail- price of EUR.100,00/pair up to a value of 3,3uF but existing customers who bought the Gemini tweeters before the Bastanis caps were ready for EUR.50,00/pair.
The Bastanis caps are available 50V only, so they are for speaker- applications only. The very best coupling- caps for tubed amps (higher voltages required) still are very expensive but when the other parts of the amp are worth it the benefit for the soundquality also is worth the money.

Regards,
Robert Bastani

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Bastanis Prometheus II with Gemini tweeters - Robert Bastani 12:40:06 07/17/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.