Home ANK AudioKits Forum

ANK AudioKits support forum

RE: Recommended M2X parts upgrade

Hi Nounours,

I changed the input cap C5 to 50uF oiler->15H choke->100uF Jensen 4-pole->15H choke->40uF oiler (C3). So yes I reduced the values of the first two caps in the psu circuit, but sandwiched an extra Pi-filter between them (Cap-choke) which should more than make up for the reduction in resivore given up.

I looked at the Mundorf Tube caps when I was shopping as they get great reviews and the beauty of the AN cabinet is the amount of space available to include extra/oversized components for mods. I think you will like them. My favorite use of Blackgates has been using the best non-polar I can use as a cathod bypass, especially on the for Directly heated triodes in the output position.

As to the resistor, I used 1 watt AN tantalum except for R11 (2 watt) and R8 (2 watt Rikens parallelled from my junk box). I increased the wattage at R8 & R11 after reading through the forum and finding a couple of references of failure. It was probably not needed, but I was starting from scratch and hotrodding.

I am just beginning to get my first listening impressions through headphones as I'm waiting on speakers. I left my old system back in the States and have been building a new system including 45 DHT mono blocks. But, even under less than ideal conditions and several variables, I can tell I'm playing with a much better digital system that I hope will supplant my analogue desires. I've already listened to a couple of albums that put a childish smile on my face with great music.

Cheers,
Mike

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.