Home ANK AudioKits Forum

ANK AudioKits support forum

RE: hi rez??

Just received an OPPO 95 universal player - primary need is Blu ray and DVD player with high quality video and audio for movies - it has a good sounding audio section that costs $500 more than the OPPO 93. Watched Master and Commander last night in Blu ray and the audio was terrific, much better than my 1.5 year old Panasonic Blu ray player. I do not have an A/V receiver - I needed a player with analog outputs and the OPPO 95 certainly delivers good analog for movies.

I also want the OPPO 95 to become my transport for my DAC 4.1 LE and after a few CDs it's at least at good as my older transport, but I will learn much more in the next few weeks. I am also burning in new Audio Note Copper coupling caps in my tube amps, so the extra variable is not good for fast impressions.

On a few SACDs played in the last couple of days, the OPPO 95 is much better and far more enjoyable as my old Philips 963 SACD/DVD player, which has served as my DAC transport.

More to come on properly describing the performance of the new OPPO 95 (just released in Canada in early May), but so far so good.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: hi rez?? - dyr 12:03:55 05/23/11 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.