Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Might have been these things

Similar Y adaptor, only both female connectors are on the side instead of end and side, like the image you included in your response. I would have rather had the end/side connectors, as the side/side form that I have were pretty awkward on the back of my D2.

Yeah, when listening to vinyl, have the D2 in AnalogDir mode (stereo, analog pass thru), so only two channels (or 4 if bi-amp) being used. Fascinating to think that audio or movies in 7.1 might lead to loss of sound quality.

Not sure exactly how the speaker network is configured, but since there are shorting plates, I'm pretty sure the high and low freq inputs have their own high and low pass filters and then internal crossovers to distribute the sound to the individual drivers. So, I think the problem is likely slight differences in resistance between the interconnects, crosstalk due to the close proximity of the y connectors on the back of the D2 or slight phase differences between the amp channels used to bi-amp each main channel.

From a hobbyist point of view, I'd love to figure this out. But... The sound is so good with single amp channel to each main speaker that I'm happy to throw in the towel, pour a tall frosty one and enjoy the music!

Cheers!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Might have been these things - kSpace 11:08:28 02/02/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.