Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Update . . . "Double Plus 1!"

I love this amplifier and, as predicted, it has sounded better each day. It was great out of the box, but sounds more open and airy on top than initially.

Right now I am using, to put it mildly, very modest speakers because this system is transitioning from a vintage mid-fi system to a more high end system (the Cronus replaced a 1978 Heathkit receiver). So . . . I'm running the same Cambridge Soundworks Model 6 speakers that I found in my mom's basement a few years ago. Suffice it to say they've never sounded better! And actually, they sound remarkably good.

But speakers will be the next upgrade. Suggestions for a medium-sized room in a condo are welcome. My taste in music runs the full range of genres, so a good all-rounder at under $1,500 for a pair would be welcome. Used is fine, and maybe even preferable, though I'd likely lower the budget cap for used. For a new speaker choice, I am considering the Golden Ear Aeon 3 (the larger of the two stand mounters) based on reviews, price, and availability at this dealer, but of course I'd home audition first. Not really in a rush either.
___
"If you are the owner of a new stereophonic system, this record will play with even more brilliant true-to-life fidelity. In short, you can purchase this record with no fear of its becoming obsolete in the future."

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.