Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Quicksilver 2010 Linestage Preamplifier

Hi all,

I started with a Quicksilver 8417 modded to use EL34/KT77. Great sound, great sound stage but lacked a little punch in the bass. So I bought a Dynaco MKIII and did a full Curcio mod. Much better bass but a little analytical plus a little unstable (had to have them repaired twice). So, I decided to bite the bullet and get some 120 watt monoblocks. I read a bunch of reviews listened to Rogue and a few other amps in the $3000 - $6000 range. I kept seeing the Quicksilver V4 as both great sound and reliable. So I found a used pair using JJ KT88's and bought them.

What a huge difference in detail, bass and soundstage. I cannot find a thing wrong with these amps. Also, they give me the versatility of tube rolling any power tubes with the exception of the KT150 (do not have the newer transformer) besides 120 watts is plenty of power. I would recommend Quicksilver to anyone looking for great sound for the price. PLus, Mike Sanders is a plesure to work with he has answered all my question quickly.

Richard

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.