Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Quicksilver 2010 Linestage Preamplifier

Just got this preamp from the Audio Trader and it has those great additional features like mono and stereo and left and right channel which are cool when you are on one side of the room and instead of moving the whole system, you can move the direction of the music instead and keep listening...

It replaces the refurbished L1 Audible Illusions preamp that I acquired first to see how it would sound with the QS mini mites. It seemed to work best in the midrange with a smooth SET sound. That preamp to me could be ideal for adding the finishing touch to outstanding SS ampliflication.

The Quicksilver 2010 linestage on the other hand brings more noticeable treble and bass extension even more air to the midrange though not like the smooth SET sound but a sound that is more like the sound of the whole spectrum. This preamp is feeding into the 2016 version of the Mini Mites which really sound more like 40+ watts. Also, they don't get as hot as the earlier version of mini mites that I once had that really felt more like 20 watts than 25 but were fine if you matched them with horn speakers.

My compliments to Quicksilver company for designing outstanding tube gear! I have owned nice tube integrateds like Rogue,Cary,Cayin, and Jolida and they all have their signature sound but for my ears, i like the Quicksilver gear the best. Perhaps it is not a fair comparison since what i have now are separates (not an integrated) but i am just going by what i am hearing and like the most...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Quicksilver 2010 Linestage Preamplifier - musicalchap 12:56:16 01/21/17 (9)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.