Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Got my new space heater today!

Yes, I should clarify. I didn't audition the MV60SE this time around or for this system. I auditioned it for another system about 7 years ago. The preamp was a CJ Premier 17LS (series 1) and the speakers were B&W CDM1SEs. I was comparing the MV60SE to my CJ solid state MF2250 to see if all tubes was the way to go for me.

To me, at least in that system, the MV60SE sounded hyper detailed and somewhat dry. I still kind of enjoyed it, but when I put the MF2250 back into the system the next day, I realized how much more I liked it. It seemed more balanced, neutral and even liquid to me, which really surprised me.

So, there shouldn't have been any system compatibility issue. That said, many folks have been surprised by my impressions, and some have suggested that the power tubes might not have been biased properly or might have been old and ready for replacement, and that is possible. It was a demo unit at my local dealer.
___
"If you are the owner of a new stereophonic system, this record will play with even more brilliant true-to-life fidelity. In short, you can purchase this record with no fear of its becoming obsolete in the future."

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.