Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

the battery is at 13.15 volts right now

well, the "fancy meter" will be better as this will be a bicycle trailer system, so i'll need a permanent display. that, plus it will look nice and hopefully tell me more than just my batteries' voltages. it's programmable too so i can set a low charge threshold warning to start flashing, even if it's behind me.

i'm really wondering if the charger is working right as sometimes i have to jiggle it to get the indicator lights to turn on, and i'm still not convinced they're telling me the correct status to begin with.

it seems to change its mind about the percentage or status of charge in between doing nothing more than disconnecting it and reconnecting it the next day.

if memory serves me right, isn't 13.7v a full charge and 11.2v the lowest one should go?

i just hooked the charger up, and no lights came on. i shook the charger, and it indicated 75% then charging for a second and then the lights went out again. apparently, it only charges to 13.15v.

i'm using a harbor freight meter. my coupon for a freebie was expired, so i used a 20% off coupon. NOT a fan of the needle probes instead of alligator clips. they're a pain to deal with one handed, especially with curious cats knocking them loose from "wedged in". it's too bad i can just bolt them in to my distribution blocks for semi-permanent use until i get the programmable one, but a scan of the directions mentioned turning the unit on before completing circuits.

Edits: 01/18/17 01/18/17 01/18/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.