Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

I am inheriting some TT's & vinyl and I am looking for feedback on the Aesthetix Rhea because I found one cheap on eBay.

I am inheriting a vinyl collection and two turntables as a family member has recently passed away. I will be getting a collection of 78's, as well as a collection of normal LP's and 45's.

The TT's I am getting are an Linn LP12 with a Lyra Skala cartridge, and a Dual 1019, which has a Shure M78S for use with 78's. I already own a VPI Nomad.

What I would like to do is to have the LP12 and the Dual 1019 connected to my system for LP's and 78's. I would like to get an antique automatic 45 player where I can stack old singles for automatic play just for fun. I will keep my VPI as a backup as I have read that the LP12 can be finicky.

Ideally, I would like a phono preamp with four inputs, but three will suffice, and I have heard good things about the Rhea. That said, I just wanted to check in with /r/audiophile to see what you think about the Rhea and what a good price would be for it.

I have bought on eBay in the past, but only regular consumer grade products, not audiophile electronics. I wanted to hear from you what you think about buying audiophile gear on eBay. It looks like the seller also has some Nordost and Analysis Plus Speaker Cables and Interconnects that I may try to snag as well.

Here is a link to the eBay sale on the Aesthetix Rhea:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aesthetix-Rhea-Tube-Phono-Stage-Stereo-Preamplifier-World-Class-Stunning-/172471966174?hash=item28282159de:g:wxsAAOSw241YbFuJ

Thanks so much for your help!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - I am inheriting some TT's & vinyl and I am looking for feedback on the Aesthetix Rhea because I found one cheap on eBay. - Ron P. Stewart 13:54:26 01/05/17 (29)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.