Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

listening for a few hours now, in passive

I am pretty amazed at the sound quality I am hearing. Very clear with no bass bloat at all, very tight as the musicians say. Very much detail, nice presence.

Put on some well recorded hip hop from the early 90s Columbia records, Cypress Hill III, Temples of Boom which is an outstanding record. This album was recorded during the bands psychedelic mushroom and acid experimentation phase and tends to shy away from the normal pro weed rants and goes against the grain with tracks of insanity. It was rated the worst Cypress Hill album by the critics however it is the darkest sounding hip hop album I have in my collection, with songs about losing ones mind to how the music industry is a sham, in Pink Floyd fashion, well recorded early 90s Columbia Records.

Passive pre-amplification I think is all I'll use, as I don't listen so loud where the active stage will kick in.

Very very impressive, especially for under $2k. Which is basically the level I can afford for component investments as I am a working man.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.