Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: No way that's a lateral move

Yes, six dB isn't a big deal and I'm not concerned with it. What I'm looking for is 150 strong, affordable good sounding watts that the 375BEE should provide.

The 50 watts of my 320BEE is doing a great job but in my large room it struggles when hitting peaks in the low 90dBs even though it should be able to hit 101dB with 32 watts with my B&W speakers (different speaker maybe a different outcome, the B&Ws have a 3ohm low). That's not unique to my 320BEE. The 50 watts of my Arcam integrated runs into the same problem. I'll hand it to my 12 year old 320BEE; it plays with more ease and punch at the higher levels than my Arcam. NAD amps seem to push a lot of current.

So I'm looking for the 375BEE to loaf right along at the low 90dBs for music and movies with my speakers. I won't have to worry so much about damaging my speakers with too little power as well.

I am hoping for a touch more refinement, scale and a sense of ease moving to the 375BEE but you may be right in that I just get the same sound only louder. I'll find out when I hook it up.

Cheers,

Scott

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.