Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Pre-Pro Support For Dolby Vision and HDR10

HDR is the coming thing. And if you are interested in the BEST PQ Available, only ONE choice exists today. Once you see a proper HDR picture, you'll probably agree.
The new OLED sets from LG are simply the Best. And ALL come with 'both flavors' of HDR.
This is one of those ground breaking techs, like the ORIIGINAL Sony Trinitron. My brother and I bought the parents a 19" set which lasted the family until you could No Longer get mechincal tuner parts. Gone.
I'm shopping OLED right now. Prices are dropping, but watch it so you get full factory warranty and not some kind of grey-market issue. I think the 'big window' will be between Christmas and Superbowl. For me, the sweet spot is the entry level 65".
All the OLED sets apparently use the same color engine / panel so the only thing you get by going upline is 3D (who needs it?), somewhat neater cosmetics, and better in-Set sound.
I watch the picture, not the TV and use my stereo for sound. Done.
Too much is never enough

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Pre-Pro Support For Dolby Vision and HDR10 - pictureguy 09:53:00 11/16/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.