Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Simple integrated amp

An AV receiver with HDMI inputs is easier for novices to use in a video setup than is an integrated amp.

With an integrated amp they will always need to go through two steps when changing sources: (1) select a video input on the TV and (2) select the corresponding audio input. With an AVR, they simply select the combined audio/video input for a given source. Marantz AVRs (and many other brands) even allow the user to spell out any name they desire for each input, such as "Sony Blu-ray" or "DirecTV," for example.

As I have done for others, I suggest you set up the Marantz for them at their home or walk them through it via telephone. It is very easy to hook up an HDMI cable from a source (e.g., a cable box) to the Marantz's HDMI Input 1, then another HDMI cable from the Marantz's HDMI output to the TV's HDMI Input 1. Finally, personalize the source name on the Marantz. It will take about two minutes to connect the cables and another three minutes to rename the input.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.