Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

my Aesthetix IO Signature

I need the counsel of the elders please...

I recently bought a used IQ Signature. The condition is excellent base on its physical appearance and from a peek to its components. Its devoid of dust inside/outside owing to the original owners TLC. He replaced this with ARC Reference Phono.

It has not been played for months prior to selling it to me so when I power them up I heard a sudden pop from the inside. I shut it off and called the person that help sold this to me. He said just continue powering it up and it worked for almost two weeks until yesterday.

Again I was startled with the loud pop from the power supply and immediately I thought of a blown out fuse. When I was about to shut it down I saw the insides and both 0f them had lit tubes.

On that instance I tried playing it again but I could only hear a faint sound of the music if you go near to the speakers.

I shift the pre amp knob to a CD player and it played marvelously. BTW I'm using an Aexthetix Callisto pre amp and is serving me faithfully for many years already.

Can you help me with your experience what could be wrong with it? weak tubes? Capacitor?

I tried to contact Glenn of Aesthetix yesterday and to date no reply. Strange, the last time around his response was really fast and I was impressed.

I would like to compare your prognosis to his if he revert back with a solution.

Thanks alot guys.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - my Aesthetix IO Signature - bobotreyes0923 22:48:18 08/30/16 (7)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.