Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Bryston 2.5B-3 is a winner

I found your review of the Rogue Stereo 100 interesting. It seems you greatly preferred this amp to the Pass XA30.8. What is interesting is that another experienced reviewer dumped his very nice Wavac EC300b for the Pass.

I would have expected your outcome between the two amps rather than his given my experience with both technologies. I was not surprised to find you prefer the tube treble and bass. A lot of raving has gone on about the Pass amp from some other reviewers. I have not heard it the same way they have so it is good to read a review that puts some perspective on that particular Pass amp.

I would infer from your review of the Rogue though that it is comfortably better than the Bryston as well??

However, I think it is somewhat premature to declare the Rogue as anything better than excellent for the money. There are quite a lot of very good tube amps, especially SETs with your high sensitivity speakers.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.