Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Connections Question

OK you're pretty close but I will give you my opinion on this.

First I assume since you are running 5ch through an HT receiver you also have a subwoofer. If not you can get a lot better bass by spending the money you paid for the Outlaw and the Behringer on a sub or subs than they could ever help you get from just the Kefs.

There is other stuff going on too. HT receivers have a crossover built in. Are you running the front Kefs as full range or large or small? This makes a big difference in the bass response. I didnt see you mention this.

Finally if for some reason you do end up using the Behringer and the Outlaw you should really connect it via its digital in from the HT receivers digital out. But this is only if you can set the Onkyo receivers digital output to 2ch PCM. You'll have to read the manual.The Behringer has 1/4" outputs besides xlr so you can use quarter inch to RCA cables going to the Outlaw. Don't worry about using xlr/balanced there really is zero benefit in your set up. Some say even in the best scenario the benefit of balanced is small or none. You'll hear many opinions on this.

The bottom line? Forget getting the Kefs to have the best bass possible. Use subs for that. If you are already running sub's properly setup and had the perfect bass coming from the Kefs with the cube you probably couldn't hear the differnce anyway.

ET

"If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do suck seed" - Curly Howard 1936

Edits: 08/05/16 08/05/16 08/05/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.