Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Bryston 2.5B-3 is a winner

Hello Jerry, I just got back from visiting 10Audio.com and didn't see a review for the 2.5B-3. Will you be posting one?

I owned a pair of Bryston 7BSST2 monoblocks. They were smooth and sounded much better than the 'harsh' Brystons I recall from the 1990's. However, I struggled to make the newer 7BSST2 sound the way I wanted. I came close. I tried a couple different tube preamps ahead of the 7BSST2 but nothing I did would completely cure the somewhat cold and clinical sounding Brystons. Maybe the 2.5B-3 is different.

As you know I'm a big fan of Rogue's all vacuum tube amps, their "hybrid Class D" models not so much. I saw your review of the Rogue Stereo 100 comparing it to the Pass XA30.8. Very interesting! I had the Rogue Stereo 90 Super Magnum which was a nice sounding tube amp when coupled to the right speakers. It was wonderful on my Thiel CS2.4 but as I recall, the Magnepans were too difficult which killed the dynamics making the amp sound compressed and under powered.

Nice seeing you on the Asylum again!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.