Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

New amp for HT and music....Bryston 9bsst vs Anthem A5

Hello Inmates,

I have a question to pose to anyone who can help. I have an HT / music system that has PSB Goldi for fronts, and PSB Bronze for rears and a Proceed AVP2 for pre pro. Currently using an Enlightened Audio Design Powermaster 1000 amp. I want to upgrade the amp. My choices of consideration are the Anthem A5, Bryston 9bsst and Classe CT 5300. I'm looking for the amp that's gonna help get the best bass, detail and control from the Goldi. I want the most musical amp for music and best sound for movies. And incase you must know, I'm using SVS subs.

I've been researching and reading reviews and forums for about 6 months. Found a few forums were one was chosen then another. I was leaning towards the Anthem A5 over the Classe until I found out a local stereo store has a demo model for sale. I found in a forum that someone put the Bryston above the Anthem. So now, I'm back to square one.

Someone suggested I bring my dilemma to the Inmates, so here I am.

Has anyone personally heard these amps side by side or have any comments? Whenever anyone brings up the Bryston, they always talk about the warranty. Let's take that off the table and talk about performance and the music.

Thank you for your time and comments. T

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Topic - New amp for HT and music....Bryston 9bsst vs Anthem A5 - tlee5670 18:27:23 07/28/16 (4)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.