Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: I like your thinking

I get integrateds but if you look at the physical size of the Bryston and if you put the MFA preamp on top of it - the actual dimensions of the two units may be significanly smaller than a number of integrated amps. And all you have to do is buy one additional cable.

I don't think vintage SS sounds like a SET amp though. The Stereotypical tube sound is the ST70 (IMO a dreadful sounding amplifier). Warm fuzzy bass and rolled off highs is the stereotypical tube amp. Modern tube and SET really don't sound like that most of the time anymore. I'm not necessarily against vintage but old SS is still SS and it wasn't better back then than it is today and you may end up pouring even more money into them when parts begin to fade. Caps don't last forever. Then again the 90s is vintage. In the 90s - 70s gear was called vintage so now in the 2010s the 90s has to be considered vintage. Bryston 2B is a vintage amp :) Time is going by too fast.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.