Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

I feel for you on this amp.

They are a great amp when they work but the TransNova series which is a Rockford, is a real BITCH when it comes to tracking down noise issues..I had a hell of a time desoldering the parts in the unit and even the factory service doesn't have the answers on fixing these because this one was at the factory and sent it back to the guy.
I got lucky and the way I fixed it was with a hair dryer and a can of freeze spray..I heated up the right channel components on the driver board and once the noise reappeared,I sprayed each individual component until the noise went away..It turned out to be the inner stage drivers before the actual drivers and I replaced the pair and then for added insurance, I ended up making a heatsink out of a pair of alligator clips.I ran the unit for a day and half without shutting it off and the noise didn't return but I have no idea if it is still going because this was 5 years ago..The guy was local to me. This was the earlier series but it was a nightmare.
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" H. L. Mencken

Edits: 06/18/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.