Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Best quality/sounding amp ( $300

Hello,

Daughter needs replacement amp for her Large Advents, as her integrated NAD is dead. I know this is a low amount of $$ to work with, but every penny is going to school and borrowing the rest.
She is taking pre-med, so heavy class/homework load, plus year-round track training (track scholarship)so she is only able to work a few hours each week.

The Advents need some power to drive them, so looking at 100 or more watt amp capability to sound their best.
I upgraded the x-overs, centered the tweeters and replaced the woofer surrounds ...looking nearly new... they do sound surprisingly good for what they are.
Prefer integrated or receiver, but could make do with just an amp and find an inexpensive preamp later.

She has played viola in orchestra most of her life, now in a University orchestra, so I am trying to get quality sound. She listens to everything from blues/jazz, 60's/70's/modern rock, pop and of course classical.

Looking forward to suggestions for a replacement.

EDIT: I am looking for a USED amp, thought I had that already in my post, but obviously would not be able to find anything new for that kind of money :)
It's all about the music!

Support Asylum Trader

Edits: 06/12/16 06/12/16 06/12/16 06/12/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Topic - Best quality/sounding amp ( $300 - rich121 11:59:28 06/12/16 (44)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.