Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Amp Change

The first thing that I did was to look at your location. I don't remember there being too much of a high end audio scene in Andalucia unless things have changed recently and most of the shops that I do recall along the Costa del Sol which attempted it as dealers didn't last long. There was a guy selling Linn in Marbella a few years ago but I don't think he was still there a couple of years ago. Even El Corte Ingles (Puerto Banus) had a go at one point with B&W and Vincent amongst other brands.

Unfortunately I doubt that most of the recommendations made so far will be attainable within your budget. The reason being that all of the American gear bears the cost of being imported into the EU. If bought used from a dealer it will also have VAT imposed on the sale.

If I were you I would be looking at a European manufactured brand and one for which I could reasonably expect service in the future. Maybe Naim - it would be quite a change from yout Unison integrated.

You may find a bargain buying privately but I think that you will need to look beyond your locality which means that your budget will have to be supplemented by shipping costs for a pre-power combination which is usually pretty heavy. I am guessing that you are an ex-pat Brit so maybe you could buy in the UK ( loads of available Naim of course due to its popularity) and drive it back?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.