Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Yes, dual mono inside ONE chassis.. Though it is a bit harder to spot while zooming through 'used' adverts..

One would have to research a lot of companies to find the buried stats caiming 'dual mono' design...

I simply google internal images for units and usually find them.

But I would guess most high end manufacturers would make some claims to a dual mono construction. Just to get crosstalk stats down.

Are you suggesting that *most* of those are misrepresenting the product with specious "claims"? It is far too easy to verify.

Adding in circuit designs which claim dual mono internal construction leaves a huge field fraught with design skimping and outright lies in a true dual mono field.

Perhaps. Fortunately, I purchase gear from well known and established companies like Audio Research where there is certainly not any "design skimping".

As for the GamuT unit first discussed, it may be dual mono but it appears to be fully op amp based. I do consider that "design skimping". :)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Yes, dual mono inside ONE chassis.. Though it is a bit harder to spot while zooming through 'used' adverts.. - E-Stat 12:04:01 06/02/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.