Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: So, do you like it?

Yes, I am satisfied with my new piece. I am not in the position to write a review. After being discouraged by reading in this thread the AA posters' typical useless comments, I was compelled to comment that Mr Salvatore's review was useful and to me accurate. I cannot begin to improve on the review. Therefore , I recommend reading or rereading his review, The Truth improved my system in all the sonic parameters which Mr Salvatore was impressed.

The Truth to me is a tool and a different sort of component. It is obviously not a full function preamplifier. The unit tells me where to set the named "volume control" for optimizing the listening experience (regardless of how high the level). One inconvenience for me is adjusting for best volume position since my listening position is far across room the unit. I do not think that a remote control would make the adjustment in the fine increments .I do not know that for sure but Mr Salvatore commented on that.

As for the Truth being a tool, I look forward to comparing different components on hand into the system for differences. Further, in the short time I have been using, the Truth has been most interesting in comparing LPs in my collection. By that I mean, by example, I have been comparing original Blue Notes to Music Matters reissues. The insertion of the Truth has improved on this comparison in discerning diffences, choices the remaster engineer has made, etc.

Bottom line: enjoying my system more.

Hope this helped.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: So, do you like it? - slowdrag 08:08:15 05/20/16 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.