Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Ok I've been trying to read this article for two years now

I can understand the jokes/jibes at Salvatore's expense. His articles are very long. Too long, maybe.

But...he's clearly passionate about audio reproduction. So the question in my mind is whether he's knowledgeable and the information is useful and/or correct. Taking into account everyone's "IMO", of course.

He obviously has years/decades of experience. So in that way, he's similar to a professor. They can be weird. But it's also interesting/useful to talk to a professor about "their" subject. It's something they've studied/taught for possibly decades. There are few people in the world who know as much as they do about their subject. They can write/talk ad nauseum about it. But...if you really want to know about that topic, who better to talk to? And most importantly, they usually don't have anything they're trying to sell you.

The problem with audio, IMO, is there are so many opinions tied to money. People will tell you what they think, but eventually you realize they have a stake in the game, so you immediately back off and try determine if you're being "played".

So back to Salvatore...is he selling anything? I know you can pay for his advice, and he appears to be friends with the Coincident folks. But it seems to be his unfiltered opinions, IMO.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.