Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Parasound amp/pre

Hello I am a music lover but relative newb when it comes to components and how they all work together. I just know I love the sound of good music. I have a question on my preamp and the phono stage preamp as I don't think it has enough gain. I've got a parasound a21 and a p5, concept turntable and triton one speakers. Everything running through the speakers like sonos and TV sounds good and loud when I turn it up. The turntable sounds good, but even when turned up as loud as I can get it it's loud enough to have my wife tell me to turn it down but if I had to guess its only 60% as loud as the other inputs. And as compared to a set of harbeth bookshelves, rega, and a croft amp upstairs I'd also venture only 60-80 percent as loud. The triton speakers have so much more to give but I don't think the parasound phono stage is enough. So, again I'm a rookie, pretty sure this is the issue, any help and insight would be great and how can I resolve. Thanks in advance

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Parasound amp/pre - Decoygoose 16:40:55 05/06/16 (7)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.