Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Audible Illusions Modulus 2D

I know there use to be a number of options for remotely controlled, relay switching of stepped ladder type of volume/balance control (e.g., ones sold by Welbourne that could be built into existing units if space is available). I have one in one of my linestages.

There is a company that I think is still around that offers light-dependent resistor attenuation that is again relay switched by remote control. A friend of mine built a passive linestage around such module and it sounded very good and offered enough steps to allow for fine volume control.

There is a somewhat expensive, but very good sounding option out there from a company called My Emia. They offer an attenuator that uses an autoformer to provide attenuation (by converting current to voltage instead of using resistors to waste signal as heat). I believe that the designer, Dave Slagle, also offers this autoformer volume/balance control as a module that could be built into a linestage rather than being a separate unit. You probably can contact him at My Emia:

http://www.myemia.com/Prod.html

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Audible Illusions Modulus 2D - Larry I 06:05:57 04/20/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.