Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Rega EOS Settings

First let me say that you have a very nice system, and the rack looks like it should be very stable! A step up transformer would be used in place of the MC section of your phono stage, so it would be connected between the tonearm cable and phono stage feeding the MM input. I'm not a big fan of step up transformers and generally prefer the sound of a good active stage. The Rega Aria would be a good choice for your Apheta since as you noted they're designed to work together. I would really suggest giving your Apheta some more time to break-in and expect that the bass will improve as the cartridge suspension loosens up a bit. Another suggestion after seeing your system pictures is to try to cover the table in front of your listening position with an absorbent material like a soft quilt or towel when listening (unless you can remove it.) That should significantly improve your imaging by eliminating it as a primary source of reflections between you and the speakers. Don't think that will affect the bass though. Good luck and let us know as you progress, enjoy the tunes!

Edits: 04/08/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Rega EOS Settings - Bill_k 10:37:59 04/08/16 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.