Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Rega EOS Settings

Dear PAR.
Thanks for your kindness of explaining this for me. Now i can see, i have been on the right track and the settings you write, is the settings i have made myself. And it is the "old" Apheta, but nevertheless, it is the 2. generation, before Apheta 2. You can tell the difference between the 2, by looking at the plastic house, on the cartridge. 1. generation has clear glass, as Apheta 2, and you can look inside. My Apheta (2. generation), has a blurred plastic cap on instead. I have been explained it has something to do with the end result, and here in terms of sound. So that in mind, i am happy to have this one. I tried for the first setting, to have them all off. But this gave me a problem with hum, in the right side of the system. I dobbelt checked it, and it came from the EOS right side. From that on, i have been played with the s.1 Off-s.2 On-s.3 Off-s.4 Off, as you described is the settings. But i came from the Exact, and i am experience a lack of bass in the deep. Is that general for the Apheta in the first "break in" time, or is it the settings, i can`t hit, with my EOS..?? The preferred or Rega`s own settings for both the new and old Apheta, is 500 müV, and that my EOS can`t do..?? I do not know what that means, in terms of sound..?? I mean, this is a much more expensive cartridge, and going from the Exact, which is dynamic and a bit to the dark side p.u., this is heaven in the upper middle range and upafter, but the lack of bass is ignoring me a lot :-( But perhaps it is something to do with the settings..?? Tomorrow (it`s late), i will try to set them all off (XXXX), and try that again. It have been a week or so, since i tried that last? Once again, thank you for your answer.
Best
Thomas

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.