Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Audilble Illusions M3A Selector Switch Frozen

Did you manage to get the front knob off? Usually just a small hex screw holding it on. That should get you access to the bearing assembly. In fact maybe the knob has just worked it's way too tight to the faceplate making it difficult to turn. The gap should be similar to the other knobs.

If that doesn't work you may have to remove all the knobs and the faceplate itself. That will get you in even closer to see what is going on.

I don't have that Preamp but looking at all the pics on the net appears to be pretty straightforward in disassembly.

You'll probably find nuts and washers both sides of the inner wall that can be loosened so you can remove the entire shafts assembly if necessary.

Be careful as bearings and or retainers may pop out. Don't want to lose any of the small pieces. Also pay close attention for reassembly. I usually take pictures to help me recall.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Jonesy

"I know just enough to get into trouble. But not enough to get out of it."

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Audilble Illusions M3A Selector Switch Frozen - Jonesy 10:49:12 01/29/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.