Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Audilble Illusions M3A Selector Switch Frozen

BCR,

Thanks, I appreciate the suggestion. I'm just too darn much of a purist. While I'm only trying to get inputs for CD and Theater I'd still like to find a way to use the M3a for best possible sound. Thanks anyway I do apprecaite it though.

For about 10 minutes I was excited. I saw that there are spare digital inputs on my EAD DSP 7000 converter that I use for my transport. There is one toslink and one coax. When I realized there are toslink and coax digital outputs on the TV I thought Wow Looks like a solution. I could use the D/A converters' input swtich to choose.

Unfortunately after I connected an RCA cable to the digital output/input even though the "Locked" LED lit, all I got was tick tick tick from the speakers. I guess TV's don't put out PCM digital like a CD player does.

I found the TV's service menu (FYI For LG 52 inch LCD TV: Press Menu on remote and TV at same time for 5 seconds. Code is 0000) but didn't find anything that would allow me to select the digital output format.

Well hopefully someone may have experience with the M3A. Thanks again.

John

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.