Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

TEAC AX-501 + subwoofer?

its been a long time since i've been in the market for audio components and ive previously only bought a/v receivers not dedicated amplifiers, d/a converters, etc etc etc. so now that my ex wife has all my old stuff i get to get new stuff. I'm certainly not an audiophile like most of you guys but i do appreciate quality, function, simplicity and asthetics. my current house is wired for speakers in the living room, dining room and outside on the patio. i have a theater room so this post is strictly looking for a solution for those areas. there are paired, in wall speakers in each of those rooms. i'll need a speaker switch but i would really like to add a subwoofer to the mix. with that in mind i am looking at these options: TEAC AX-501 (too new to post links, sorry) TEAC AI-501DA TEAC AI-3011DA My questions: 1. What is USB streaming? is that simply connecting an ipod to the unit for playing music? 2. Is a DA converter required for the 501 or is that simply a sound quality preference? 3. How would i add a subwoofer to the mix with the 501 or 501DA when they don't have subwoofer outs 4. The 301DA has everything i want but its a little low on the power and it doesn't have those pretty analog meters...does anyone know of a unit that is like the 301DA but has more power and those types of meters? thank you for your help and happy thanksgiving!

Texas Legend

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - TEAC AX-501 + subwoofer? - TexasLegend 16:09:57 11/27/15 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.