Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: D'Agostino Integrated With Two REL Subs

I've used 2 Rel subs in my main system for years (and make my own upgraded cables). My subs are older models (and I have two other older Rels in different systems as well). Why not ask Rel?

From the picture of the G2, it looks like they use the same Speakon (4 pole) connectors for the high level connection. Basically it is stealing a little bit of signal from the amp to mimic the sonic characteristics and is more like an interconnect. The Speakon connectors have two positive and two negative terminals. A standard Rel cable with have a jumper wire between the negative terminals and on a stereo amp with one sub one would connect the two positives and one negative. With two subs, if the cables are the same, I would think one would connect the positives of one sub to the corresponding channel and do the same with the negative for that channel.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: D'Agostino Integrated With Two REL Subs - HighEndWire 07:13:08 11/19/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.