Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: I believe it is true for you, but clearly not for everyone else...nt

"How is this relevant to output transformers? Last time I checked the output transformer is not considered to be part of the power supply"

LOL. Well without going into details, you don't have a amp without the three components. They also define the limitations.

"Again, irrelevant unless you are a crack-addicted speaker roller (there are plenty of gear junkies who might agree with you). There are plenty of highly rated speaekers that will work wonderfully and that is sufficient. I will give you a tip on one top conventional speaker that works wonders with a SET...the original Wilson X1 Grand SLAMM and the MK3 version...apparently the XLF too (given that they often show with LAMM SETS). I have firsthand experience with a lot speakers that are driven very well with SETs, including those that would not be obvious given their lowish sensitivity. Load seems to be more critical than sensitivity."

You miss the Model A reference. Why should I have the limitations when I can get a amp that will drive all speakers and sound just as good?
I have linked to the tests by stereophile of the Lamm SET. Notice the distortion graphs.

Edits: 11/12/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.