Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Rogue Pharaoh

I don't miss anything about the Tempest II as compared to the Pharaoh. I also ran a Perseus for awhile through the Tempest amp section and although my TT/cartridge setup wasn't as good as my current phono source (plus my memory factor)I think the Pharaoh phono section is quite good. You won't have as much flexibility in terms of loading and gain as you had in the Triton but I think most phono systems can be accommodated by the options in the Pharaoh (see the manual) and you know what you are currently using for settings in the Triton. Ask Mark or Nick about the comparison of the phono preamp implementation. I'm sure you've dealt with them before, but straighter shooters or nicer guys you won't find.

Although I only mentioned the great bass definition I think the Pharaoh does the whole frequency range (at least up to where my ears still hear)in an exemplary way. Unless you've been around for awhile you may not know my speakers, original Allison Ones. They also like to be driven hard and the the Pharaoh does that far better than the Tempest II was ever able to do.

I've had the Pharaoh since April 2014 and I play it 5-6 hours per day (no new tubes yet), although I'm thinking of getting a spare set because I wouldn't want to be missing all the sweet sounds in the event of the ultimate tube failure.

I hope this helps. Do have a listen in your system if you can and tell us what you think.

Mike

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Rogue Pharaoh - mtl47 15:15:01 11/07/15 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.