Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

I am sorry to read about your problem

I am so sorry to read about your problem.

What is your budget? $500 or less than that?

Also in trying to help you, do you need balanced inputs or outputs? That would help in a recommendation.

edit..

you can sell your nano DAC, and get this Emotiva Pre/Dac for $199, you can use the USB in the DAC and the built in preamp to control your amp as well.

If you have basic requirements with playback of just a normal music file and computer, that might be the best bet. I think Emotiva is good if you have any questions to contact them.

I had a problem with my preamp when I first bought it used, same problem. Fortunately it only lasted right after I plugged it in and was caused by condensation build-up. It seems you have some malfunctioning scenario, perhaps the recommendation below of blocking the infrared window with some black tape might help you if it is indeed IR interference, might be worth a shot but I know it is scary when that happens with a preamp and it did tend to freak me out and make me uneasy.

good luck I put the link to my recommendation below.

Edits: 11/06/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.