Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Well

Is this the one what? Yes, it is one of the amps I own. The others are a pair of Wall Audio M50s and the last is a Pure Sound A30 for the TV system.

There used to be a good review on the internet in Polish that had nice measurements but it seems to be now deactivated (it was from about 2000 or 2001). I wish now I had downloaded the .pdf and saved it. The amp makes it to 15 watts (in either 4 or 8 ohm tap when load is matched) with 1% THD. The frequency response was flat to 20Khz and down 3db at 35Khz. The harmonic pattern at 1 watt and 1Khz looks quite good as well with decreasing distortion with increasing harmonic number with nothing much beyond 6th.

A greek magazine has some basic measurements like THD and frequency response that agree with the Polish magazine.

The amp made a lot of noise in 2000, winning a major design award, but like all things time passes on and people tend to forget. It is a very good sounding amp, well designed and using very good parts...especially the output transformers. Is it SOTA? No, but it is getting close for reasonable money.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.