Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: If Nearly All Amplifiers Are Conceptually Wrong

> It would seem to me there would be a golden opportunity for the one that believes this to be the truth, the whole truth,
> and nothing but the truth, to get into amplifier design and manufacturing and corner the market.

First of all, the market is not that large; and secondly, you would need to convince the majority of customers that your design is better than all the other designs. It would also have to be affordable.

The difficulty would be in convincing everyone that other amplifiers don't really sound good. It has been my experience that of all components except possibly CD players, power amplifier exhibit the least differences in sound quality compared to preamps, phono cartridges, turntables, and speakers.

Therefore, it's probably not worth going into business, but it might be worth buying or building your own idea of a correctly designed amplifier for your own system. As far as I'm concerned, I'm perfectly happy with my Parasound Halo A21 power amplifier driving my Thiel CS3.7 speakers. In fact, I'm overjoyed with the sound quality of my system and I can't even imagine how it could be improved. I just hope this feeling lasts the rest of my life. ;-)

Best regards,
John Elison

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.