Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Parasound Halo integrated: Anyone experiment with speaker crossover?

Hello,
I've been thinking ahead for when I'll need to replace my aging integrated amplifier and the Parasound Halo integrated looks like a great replacement, maybe even a near future upgrade. I'm curious if anyone has experience with using the onboard speaker crossover. I use stand-mounted two-way speakers running full range with dual subwoofers at 60 Hz roll off. I'm using pre-outs to the amplified subwoofers.

I tried using the speaker crossover function of the subwoofers but didn't like the transition, it seemed too abrupt with poor blending. Running the speaker full range sounds much better and fairly well blended. But it would be nice to have a low frequency roll-off so the speakers aren't working quite so hard and maybe the blending could be even better.

So my question is: Does the Halo's speaker crossover feature work well when using subwoofers? Specifically, does the speaker crossover affect both the speaker output and the subwoofer pre-out or is the subwoofer output independent? And is the speaker crossover an abrupt transition or a slower roll-off?

Thank you for any insights you can offer!

Tom

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Parasound Halo integrated: Anyone experiment with speaker crossover? - tketcham 06:56:48 09/26/15 (7)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.