Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: I would say nearly all amplifier designs are conceptually WRONG!

Well the weight of history definitely causes a problem with buyer's perceptions...also the desire to sit in front of a stereo system and just listen to music does not seem to fit with many modern lifestyles.

That said, top quality anything is always a niche product. However, we are on a forum of supposedly fanatics about music reproduction...

I never said it was a good or easy business model. However, if all manufacturers stopped you are much more likely to be able to build a good sounding SET amp yourself than a complex Class D or transistor amp yourself.

I was talking about the whole concept of what makes an amp sound the best given the non-linear amplification technologies at our disposal.

It would be really great if someone could figure out a truly linear amplification device...maybe it is not even theoretically possible given physics as we know them??

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I would say nearly all amplifier designs are conceptually WRONG! - morricab 01:49:54 09/23/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.