Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Need Info On McIntosh MA6200

I hope there are some McIntosh gurus who can answer my questions.

I have a MA5100 integrated amplifier that I purchased used last year. It's going on it's third trip to Audio Classics. This is my very first McIntosh component and I am starting to loose faith in this unit. I am hoping it will be issue free... To Be Continued. I don't want to get into any discussion regarding the issue, but I will say it is nothing major.

There is a possibility that I may be able to work a trade for an MA6200. Done some research, this is a sweet integrated! 5 Band Equalizer plus a lot of other goodies that the MA5100 does not have.

My question... In the McIntosh Heirarchy, where does the MA6200 stand? I know it's a little better than the MA5100, but comparing it to the other integrateds, how does it match up? Not sure if my question is coming out clear. I know the newer integrated amps probably are superior, but I hope you know what I'm asking. Would I be better off waiting to get a better integrated, or should I go ahead and try to make the trade. This is a worse case scenario in case I get bad news from AC.

I need opinions/ideas/recommendations on what would be the best fit. I want to stick with integrated amps. The current listening area is 11ft wide x 14ft long. When I retire, the listening room may be the same size or a little bigger.

Needless to say, I am waiting to hear from AC to see if they have found anything before I do anything. I would like to keep the MA5100, but if I'm not satisfied with the outcome, then I will consider moving forward with the trade.

Ok guys, give me your opinions/ideas/recommendations. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Topic - Need Info On McIntosh MA6200 - 4Play 10:04:37 09/22/15 (20)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.