Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: "While not perfect, it is still better then anything else available" seems you forgot to add IMHO...nt

As I mentioned in my post to start this thread...the problem may not be so much the device...although even the VFets and screen driven 509s are not as linear as a good DHT, but using it in push pull. So, Nelson's SIT amp might be the answer but even that, I am told, doesn't converge with DHTs. It is also power limited.

I got pretty close with my NAT Symbiosis, which was a Class A SE(T) hybrid. Input and driver were tubes and the output was a single big industrial MOSFET mounted on the bottom of a vertically mounted monster heatsink. It delivered a true 100 watts of Class A power with no negative feedback and had the tone of a nearly perfect SET and SS like bass control and drive. HOWEVER, it was still missing something that was difficult to pin down and in the end I preferred true SET amps over it. I wish I could find some measurement data on it but there seems to be none because it was probably close to ideal but missing in a key area.

In terms of imaging it was more like great SS than holographic 3d.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.